We're half way through the week already, yay! Hope you're all having a good week so far :)
I know I am!!
Today's post is all about finding ways for keeping yourself motivated and STAYING motivated especially when you're not feeling it. I promise you that the following points will help you accomplish ANYTHING. So whether you are dealing with poor academic grades, a long to-do list or job rejection, which have contributed to you feeling unmotivated, then babes... continue reading because I've totally got you!
1. First things first, you know those New Year goals that you set on the 1st January? Have you found yourself slowly drifting away from them already? This is a common thing and I've been in that situation every year - until now. It's important that you remind yourself of personal goals or if you haven't made any goals for this year then set a goal and visualize it down to the finish line.
Don't think about now but the end goal and what you want to achieve, If you focus on that, it'll change your mindset and motivate you every single day. I've applied this to my life in relation to my academics. At times when I feel that University is getting too much and all these crazy thoughts start to linger in my head, I remember how far I've come and my end goal - graduating with an excellent grade.
2. Think about why you want to accomplish your goal. Lolly Daskal, founder of Lead From Within, says: "...it's that thing that stirs your heart that will keep you working towards your goal."
So ladies and gents, ground yourself in your goal. We can become easily distracted with our busy lifestyles and become frustrated - "the result of having a goal that you want very badly though cannot seem to obtain."
3. Find the good reasons by going into 'analysis mode' - analyzing your tasks will help you spot something good, making you think 'hey, I may be on to something here!'
If you are currently stuck with a task with no motivation to complete it, keep on going! Stay at it until you see the positives or the good reasons.
A good reason can be:
material reward - Getting paid. For any of you in part time/full time jobs you'll know that going into work every day and doing the same old tasks can become tedious and very boring. But have you ever thought about where it could lead? Promotion opportunities and not to forget, when we do get that paycheck at the end of the month, it automatically elevates our mood!
personal gain - This could be learning/experiencing something new. I'm all about self-development and gaining new skills and qualities so that's constantly going to keep me motivated. For example, one of the reasons I love blogging is the fact that it has enabled me to learn how to work in CSS/HTML. There are days where I've spent hours fixing certain things on my blog via html and trust me, it's been frustrating! But at the end of it, I felt proud and accomplished because it was MY work.
feeling of accomplishment - Feeling great about finding the motivation and courage to complete a tedious task!
a step closer to the BIG goal - Work your way up!!!
4. Organized and detailed lists can really help when it comes to avoiding distractions and keeping you on the path of completing a task or reaching a certain goal. Always refer to your list and get into the habit of scheduling times into your calendar for tasks. I have a Muji diary which has become one of my handbag essentials. I carry it around with me every day in order to jot in tasks that I may be required to complete throughout the day. It keeps me on top of everything and ensures that tasks or plans don't overlap. The more specific you are, the less your mind will be inclined to go another direction.
5. Tap into the energy of others . When you're feeling tired and uninspired or feel like giving up, examine the mindset of others around you. Personally, I prefer to surround myself with positive energy and be around people who are as driven as I am, who can engage about things I'm passionate about. Be involved in stimulating conversations and receive energy and inspiration.
6. When negativity seems to be all around, take control over what you can, and stop worrying about what you can't. One thing I've learnt is that some things are within your control, while others are not.
Refuse to be emotionally entangled in circumstances that are beyond your control. As a Christian, I have learnt to let go and let God take control.
"Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God.
I rule the nations. I rule the earth." (Psalm 46:10)
7. Read and listen to positive information that uplift you and inspire you. Give your mind a boost by tapping into constant reminders telling you that you are capable of achievement.
Some of the books I recommend are:
8. Celebrate accomplishments by rewarding yourself each time you reach a goal! Whether it's a
vacation you've saved up for or a luxury handbag, just know that you've earned it.
To break into making what you've only dreamed of and wished for, you must start thinking,
believing and speaking like you're already worth the number!
"Infusing your mind with positive thoughts will cause you to produce more positive result in your life.
Infusing your life with a positive perspective will keep you motivated and eliminate all negative sources out of your life."
Until next time,
F A S H I O N E N T H
Keep up with me x